specified network name not longer available

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
erikphilippus

specified network name not longer available

Post by erikphilippus »

Hi,

I'm using backup4all prof under Windows7 64 bit, and trying to backup to a NAS, but after a numer of hours, I got the message: "specified network name not longer available", and the backup fails. Probably it has more to do with my network, than with the backup application, but perhaps somebody else has encountered the same problem?
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanx, Erik

Adrian (Softland)

Re: specified network name not longer available

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Did you used the mapped drive name as backup destination or the UNC path name?
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

erikphilippus

Post by erikphilippus »

Yes, I've tried both the mapped drive name, as well as the UNC name - same result.

When I connected the NAS directly to my PC with a crossover cable, and it worked to make a full backup - but as it appears now, it was a lucky shot.
For a couple of weeks, I could make incremental backups, and today I decided to make a new, fresh full backup.
But even with the NAS directly on my PC, I got the same error after writing 8 - 15 GByte.
Apparently it has to do with a timeout during the transfer of large files. Now idea how to solve that.

Regards,
Erik

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

You can increase the wait time and the number of retries when destination is not ready if you go to Tools->Options->Backup page.
Let us know if you still have the problem after increasing these values.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html