SFTP Upload then downloads?

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
drpcsteve

SFTP Upload then downloads?

Post by drpcsteve »

Hi There

i am evaluating Backup4all and so far seems to do what i ask but one thing has me stumped.

I have setup to Upload to SFTP as an offsite backup setup.

Regardless if i setup incremental, mirror backups the files upload to the FTP fine, but when completed backup for all then downloads the files again?

The problem is i may be uploading 20GB of data an do not wish to re-download that again after upload,, is there a setting to disable this feature?

Also, if internet connection drops out during an FTP upload and internet reconnect does backup4all continue the upload or will it cancel and start from the beginning?

thanks
steve

Adrian (Softland)

Re: SFTP Upload then downloads?

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

The download after backup is made to test the backup.
You can disable that from Backup Properties->Advanced ->Uncheck the "Test after backup" option.

If your FTP server supports resume command, when the connection is interrupted, Backup4all will retry to connect as many times as set in Tools->Options->FTP.
If Backup4all still cannot reconnect, the backup aborts and will start from the beginning next time you run it.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html