Longtime Backup Suddenly Won't Work

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
songsmith

Longtime Backup Suddenly Won't Work

Post by songsmith »

I've had BU4A for several years. I use it to back up my own computer (WinXP SP3 with all updates) and my wife's computer (Win7 with all automatic updates). The backups live on an external hard drive attached to my computer. The system has worked fine for ages. Suddenly, when I try to back up my wife's computer, BU4A runs for about 1 second, then gives me this message:

"Last backup was successful (no files were added)" This is highlighted in green.

I know she has files that have changed or been added to her computer. Why isn't the BU4A working anymore? We haven't done anything to her computer to change administrator settings or anything else. There are no error messages, just the above statement, and it's over in 1-2 seconds.

FYI--backups of my computer are still running fine. I have version 4.8.275 of BU4A.

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Longtime Backup Suddenly Won't Work

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Please send me the last backup log to support[at]backup4all[dot]com
To find it, go to View->Job Logs->Last backup log.

songsmith

Post by songsmith »

I got it working again. Somehow the sharing settings on my wife's computer were changed. Once I checked the file folders I wanted to save and made sure they could be shared, BU4A worked properly and made a full backup. I have no idea how those settings were changed, though.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

I'm glad the problem is now solved.