Shutdown not working with scheduler

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
drc

Shutdown not working with scheduler

Post by drc » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:43 pm

I have two identical back-up jobs. One is scheduled (due to start at 23:59:00) the other is manual.

When i run the manual job the computer is shutdown upon success - as per the job properties. This is despite me logging out (using the windows key+L) and leaving the PC to it.

When the same job is initiated via the scheduler the shutdown action specified under 'Advanced - Run action after backup' appears not to be initiated unless I am logged onto the windows account at the time of completion. This is despite the windows account password having been specified in the Scheduler - general - scheduler - Run whether the user is logged on or not'. I know that the password is correct as if logged out of the windows account (via the windows key+L) the backup job initiates successfully and completes successfully. It just doesn't run the shutdown command.

BTW: I am shutting down by calling a shutdown.bet file (discussed in another post on this forum) because the inbuilt <shutdown> command in the 'Advanced- Run action after backup' simply doesn't work in any circumstances.

I am running B4A 7.5 build 543. Windows 10.

Any thoughts?

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Shutdown not working with scheduler

Post by Adrian (Softland) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:33 am

Hi,

Is the scheduled task configured to run with highest privileges? (in Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Task Scheduler)

What about if you set in Backup4all to run: shutdown.exe /s /f