Multiple destinations

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
Hikari

Multiple destinations

Post by Hikari »

I've found this tutorial http://www.backup4all.com/kb/how-to-bac ... s-136.html but it seems to not apply to v5. I can't find a place to create backup groups.

How can I create backups with multiple destinations now?

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Multiple destinations

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

In version 5 of Backup4all you can create backup tags. Put the jobs in the same tag and schedule the tag. They will be executed one after the other.

Hikari

Post by Hikari »

Thanks, but how does that allow multiple destinations?

As I understood, a tag is a way for creating a unique schedule for sequential jobs. I'd still need to create multiple jobs for multiple destinations.

For multiple destinations I mean to setup a unique job and add to it multiple destinations. Of course I can create multiple identical jobs and set different destinations. But then if I need to change something, specially on the source settings, I'd need to do it on all duplicated jobs. That's what I wanna avoid.

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

As described in that article, the only way to back up to multiple destinations is to configure multiple identical jobs, each of the job pointing to a different destination. Scheduling the backup tag will run all jobs one after another, each of the jobs will copy the files to a destination.

Hikari

Post by Hikari »

That's sad. Because they won't be identical backups, if the source is read again in slightly different times.

I'd rather make a unique backup to a local place, then copy its files, synchronize it with multiple destinations.

What's the best approach for doing this synch?

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

In the article that is the solution we recommend: make the first backup locally in a zip file then create a mirror of the zip file to the second destination. They will be identical.