Log files won't open

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
Tungsten

Log files won't open

Post by Tungsten »

Hi,
I went to look at a job log and found it would not open.

I tried right clicking on the backup task and opening from the main menu but nothing happens.

If I go to "View", "Job Logs", "Open Log Folder" the folder opens and all my log files are there and all open no problem.

I checked the Log Viewer setting in options and tried setting this to open "Wordpad" and "Word 2010" but nothing happens.

I've also noticed that the web commands in the Help menu don't work unless I have a browser open at the time. I use IE 9.0

I'm using Version Backup4All Std 4.6.254

Tungsten

Re: Log files won't open

Post by Tungsten »

AN update

I downgraded to Version 4.4.196 and all working fine. Logs open, websites open no problem.

Upgrade back to version 4.6.254 and have the same problem again, no logs, no websites opening>

Tungsten

Tungsten

Post by Tungsten »

Further Update

I have two running versions of Windows 7, 32 bit and 64 bit.

I installed version 4.6.254 on Windows 7-32bit and all the log files etc open properly.

Could this therefore be a 64bit issue ?

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

We tested Backup4all under Windows 7 64-bit and everything is working fine.
Please follow these steps on the computer with problems:
1. Open Backup4all
2. Go to Tools->Options->Logs and history
3. In the "Log viewer" section, Program field, select one of the available options or <Default text editor>
4. Also select if you want to use the log file extension ".log" (default) or ".txt"
5. Press OK and try again to open the log.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

Tungsten

Post by Tungsten »

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried your suggestion but it made no difference.

Tungsten

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

Do you have the same problem with any other backup job?
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

Tungsten

Post by Tungsten »

Hi,

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Do you mean other backup programs or other backup tasks within Backup4all.

I use Acronis True Image 2011 for partition backup and this works fine. I don't use any other file backup programs.

Within Backup4all I can't open any logs from any backup tasks, I have to open the log viewer and then open the log files from there.

Down grading to the earlier version allows me to open each backup log by right clicking on each backup task.

Tungsten

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

Please follow these steps:
1. Open Backup4all
2. Go to Tools->Options->Logs and history
3. In the "Log viewer" section, press browse and select Notepad.exe from the Windows folder.
4. Press OK and try again.

If you have the same problem, can you give me access to your computer using TeamViewer, to solve the problem?

Tungsten

Post by Tungsten »

Hi,

I have already tried setting the option to notepad, I should have said this in my first post.

If you are unable to help via the forum then I will just put up with the fault. Maybe the next update will fix.

It is not a major problem so I am a little reluctant to hand over control of my PC.

Thanks anyway for your help.

Tungsten

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

No other client reported this problem and we also do not have such problem here, so I think the problem is only on your computer.