List Weekly and Daily backup in same folder?

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
NeilT123

List Weekly and Daily backup in same folder?

Post by NeilT123 »

I would like to save a weekly full backup and a daily differential backup into the same folder and list the backups by date.

My daily backup is saved as : 06 May 2024 Apps Differential backup.1_C.zip

My weekly backup is saved as : 06 May 2024 Apps Full backup

The destination folder for both is Destination folder: /Backups/Apps

But when I run the backups they are saved in different sub folders based on the job names.

Is it possible to save the backups in the same folder so they end up being listed like this:

06 May 2024 Apps Full backup
07 May 2024 Apps Differential backup.1_C.zip
08 May 2024 Apps Differential backup.2_C.zip
09 May 2024 Apps Differential backup.3_C.zip
10 May 2024 Apps Differential backup.4_C.zip
11 May 2024 Apps Differential backup.5_C.zip
12 May 2024 Apps Differential backup.6_C.zip
13 May 2024 Apps Full backup
14 May 2024 Apps Differential backup.7_C.zip

Adrian (Softland)

Re: List Weekly and Daily backup in same folder?

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

It seems you created two backup jobs. You cannot put both jobs in the same folder, because the default zip names are similar and they can overwrite each other. That is why each backup job has its own subfolder in destination.

You can achieve what you need using a single backup job.
You can schedule the backup job to run daily differentials and weekly full backups. (here is a similar tutorial for incremental + full backups: https://www.backup4all.com/how-to-run-a ... ps-kb.html)

As for the backup file names, in Backup Properties->Type->Storage, use this custom prefix for backup files:
<DAY> <MONTH_MMM> <YEAR> <BACKUP NAME> <BACKUP TYPE> backup
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

NeilT123

Post by NeilT123 »

Good morning, what I failed to say was my "full" backups are mirror backups.

Unless I am doing something wrong I don't seem to be able to schedule daily differentials and weekly mirror backups as one job.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

The Mirror backup type cannot be combined with the Full, Differential or Incremental.
Mirror will back up the files uncompressed, in the original format while the other types will zip the files.
In your example you used zip files.
We recommend you to use the actual Full backup type and Differential type. This is how it will work.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html