Lost program icon

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
SharkAttack

Lost program icon

Post by SharkAttack »

I have a registered version of Backup4all Professional (SC) 4 (v4.5 Build 236) running on Windows 7 Pro.
I have used it for a couple of days and I am very happy with it, works great !

However, one thing I discovered today was that suddenly the program icon for Backup4all was gone, I mean the icon you see in the start menu and also on the desktop (in case you have the shortcut there). All other program icons where there but not the one for backup4all.

I tried to delete the file IconCache.db in the users\<username>\AppData\Local and performed a system restart which is said to rebuild the icon cache. Unfortunately this did not help, still no program icon for backup4all :cry:

I then looked up and re-run the setup program (b4a-pro.exe) and clicked "Repair" to re-install the files again. This worked and I got the program icons back again :D

Not sure this is a problem with Backup4all, it might be a problem related to Windows 7, but I thought I would mention it here since it was seen with the Backup4all software.

Does someone knows what can cause this and what to do to avoid it in the future :?:

Rgds

/Lars

SharkAttack

Re: Lost program icon

Post by SharkAttack »

I was able to reproduce this problem once more and I don't think this has anything to do with Backup4all, rather something in Windows 7 :lol:

If you pin a program to the start menu by right click an already present "link" in the start menu, then the problem will show sooner or later (in my case after a couple of re-boots). If you instead use Explorer to lookup the program file where it resides on the disk it seem to work (cross my fingers...) :D

Anyway, a small problem so hope I am excused for taking up your bandwidth :lol: