Duplicate Object index

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
PeakMarket

Duplicate Object index

Post by PeakMarket »

We have one drive backup that fails ever since I changed the setting so it only keeps the past 6 versions of a file. It states at the end of the log:

Backup aborted. Reason:
Duplicate Object index
Total number of files added to backup: 53
Total number of folders added to backup: 2
Total size of files added to backup: 6.05 GB (uncompressed), 3.44 GB (compressed)
Number of files excluded: 7
Number of folders excluded: 0
Next scheduled backup: 9/28/2017 1:10:00 AM
Backup aborted after 3:45:15 hour(s) at 9/27/2017 4:55:22 AM with 1 error(s), 18 warning(s)

We use Azure Cloud for storage. It pulls down the files and removes the files that are more than 6 versions old and then it tries to complete the backup resulting in the error above, aborting it. As a note the 18 warnings are just it not finding the files it was supposed to delete, likely because it had done so the day before but aborted due to the same reason. They shouldn't be relevant.

I saw a forum post from a user who had this problem in the past 3 versions and was hoping it would get addressed in v6. Doesn't appear it did. Support's explanation then was that there was a duplicate file in the archive and it would need to be edited/removed in order to get rid of the error. I'm not sure why or how that would be the case, since Windows does not allow multiple files of the same name to be in the same location - it would rename it or prompt for a new name or overwrite; so therefore the generation of a duplicate file in the archive would have to be a function of your software itself, and it should be able to alleviate the issue or somehow figure out how to deal with it.

I'm hoping you can find a fix for this, otherwise my one drive is not getting backed up to the cloud each night. I can't have it keep "everything" like it used to, since our storage costs have gone up 10-fold from trying to do so, thereby creating a need to eliminate storage for files we really shouldn't require any longer.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Duplicate Object index

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Do you have any mapped Linux drive as backup source?

PeakMarket

Post by PeakMarket »

No , we are 100% Windows - This is running on a Windows 2012 Server and is our primary file server

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Please send us the last backup log and the .bkc catalog file to [email protected]