XP Outlook 2010 backup - Restore to Win7 Outlook 2010

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
webmaster69

XP Outlook 2010 backup - Restore to Win7 Outlook 2010

Post by webmaster69 »

I have a Windows XP PC which is been upgraded to Windows 7 PC, they both have Office 2010 installed.

I tryed restoring the XP backup of Outlook to the Windows7 PC.

But now Outlook on the Windows 7 will not start up. I am receiving an error 'Cannot open your default e-mail folders. File acess is denied. You do not have permission required to access the file C:\Documents and Settings\local Settings\Admin\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst'
This looks like the path to an XP setup and not a Win7 PC setup which is probably why the startup error is occuring?
I'm totally stuck and this is defeating the whole reason I purchased this software, and help will be greatly appreciatted

Adrian (Softland)

Re: XP Outlook 2010 backup - Restore to Win7 Outlook 2010

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Do you use an administrator account?
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

webmaster69

Post by webmaster69 »

Hi
Yes I have an administrator account on the old XP PC and new Windows 7 PC

JohnDempsey

Post by JohnDempsey »

webmaster69 wrote:
> I have a Windows XP PC which is been upgraded to Windows 7 PC, they both have Office
> 2010 installed.
>
> I tryed restoring the XP backup of Outlook to the Windows7 PC.
>
> But now Outlook on the Windows 7 will not start up. I am receiving an error 'Cannot
> open your default e-mail folders. File acess is denied. You do not have permission
> required to access the file C:\Documents and Settings\local Settings\Admin\Application
> Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst'
> This looks like the path to an XP setup and not a Win7 PC setup which is probably
> why the startup error is occuring?
> I'm totally stuck and this is defeating the whole reason I purchased this software,
> and help will be greatly appreciatted
http://www.recoverytoolbox.com/outlook.html works with damaged .pst files, folders... Program recovers messages, contacts, notes, journals, meeting and other items from corrupted .pst files. It restores .pst files up to 32TB. Tool runs under all Windows OS starting Windows 98.