files repeatedly backedup in incremental sets

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
ckarnik

files repeatedly backedup in incremental sets

Post by ckarnik »

Hi,

How can I troubleshoot a strange situation that is happening with my backup set. I have about 4500 files that I'm backing up. I setup an incremental job for these: so the first backup is a full set. About 9 files from these 4500 are repeatedly backedup in the incremental sets after the first full set. Again not just once, but every incremental set has these 9 files. These 9 have not changed since the full backup nor is the job setup as a differential.

Any help?

Thanks,
ck

Adrian (Softland)

Re: files repeatedly backedup in incremental sets

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Please go to Backup Properties->Advanced->Comparison.
Uncheck one criteria and press Save.
Press F3 to go to Statistics View and press the button to Calculate statistics....
See if those 9 file will be backed up again.
If they will, please go back and uncheck another criteria to find the one that sees your files as modified.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

ckarnik

Re: files repeatedly backedup in incremental sets

Post by ckarnik »

Thanks for your suggestion.

I removed all attributes (leaving in the mandatory size comparison) now those files do not show up in subsequent incremental backups.

Awesome product I like all the granular ways you can create backups ... I use it create a backup-set and then upload what b4all creates to online storage sites.

ck