Backup4all 8 Portable HDD Stolen

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
swcabinets

Backup4all 8 Portable HDD Stolen

Post by swcabinets »

How safe is this Disk if someone tries to get any info off of it. its a full backup of a server. On the server depending which disk for some reason i have some that shows pics only and some that show everything with plugged into the server and click on the zip folder. First why is this happening? second when i try and plug our other HDD drives into my computer it will not open no matter how many times i click it or let it set on the drive (5-10) min on the windows explorer side bar. is this a safety feature? can this be opened on another computer besides the one that was backed up? Do they have to have this software to do so? i tried emailing support several times no response after the first reply which the tech thought the data didn't backup and gave me instructions to do so which is not what i wanted and quickly replayed to correct the tech but its been over 36 hours since and no return i could really use some fast info on this tried to call and can't complete as dialed with the phone # on contact us.

swcabinets

Re: Backup4all 8 Portable HDD Stolen

Post by swcabinets »

Something i noticed is when i plug any of the drives in a new computer it will either not allow me to open or expand or say Drive not accessible Access is denied. This is the same with when i downloaded the free trial of 8 on my pc if i try to restore or open with from the backup drive it says access is denied is this a safety feature? is their a way someone can get around this? if yes safety feature and no way someone can get around how would i get files and folders on a new computer if our server crashes? Is the HDD Serial Locked to our Backup4all?