50 GB/hour - configuration details

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
bohica2012

50 GB/hour - configuration details

Post by bohica2012 »

I am currently testing B4A under a trial license. My initial tests so far have been successful, however, the total throughput is wanting.

There have been at least 2 items from a few years back that I have found in these forums which cite a performance figure of 50 GB/hour. My out-of-the-box without any changes to default parameters is giving me about 20 GB/hour. Obviously, there are a lot of variables which would effect performance and throughput.

My question is to better understand how that 50 GB/hour is achieved. I would like to be able to do an apples-to-apples comparison but without knowing both the hardware and software environments used when generating that number, that is difficult at best.

Can any one given some specifics about the setup which yields that 50 GB/hour figure?

Adrian (Softland)

Re: 50 GB/hour - configuration details

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

We made a new test today: a backup of 50 GB to a network location, using the Incremental backup type and zip with no compression, independent splits of 4 GB, finished in 29 minutes. The test after backup took another 11 minutes.