Windows 11 goes to sleep mode while backup is running

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
maehmann

Windows 11 goes to sleep mode while backup is running

Post by maehmann »

Hello,

I think the subject says it all. Any chance to change that behavior?
I'm new to Backup4all so I might simply miss an option in one of the settings.

During the trial phase I only run small backups so I didn't came across the problem.

Thanks!

Christoph

jimjoeb

Re: Windows 11 goes to sleep mode while backup is running

Post by jimjoeb »

Change the sleep behaviour in Windows or change the backup time in Backup4All to a time when you are active so your computer won't go into sleep mode.

maehmann

Post by maehmann »

Hello,

Thank you but that is no viable possibility in my opinion. I want to have the sleep mode active to preserve as much energy as possible. Changing the backup to a time when I'm using the PC is no option either. I'm talking about huge backups of >500Gb being transfered to a NAS system.

I would expect a tool like Backup4all to be able to do that on its own. Especially if you can wake up the system from sleep mode for a backup ...

Thanks

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

We made some tests here under Windows 11 and the computer is not going into sleep while the backup is running. The monitor is going to sleep but not the computer. The backup was finished successfully.

If the backup is interrupted because of the computer is going into sleep, please send us the backup log when it happens.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

maehmann

Post by maehmann »

Sorry for the late reply. I was away for a couple of days.

It seems to work properly now. There were some Windows updates available, maybe they made the difference.

Thanks.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

I'm glad the problem is fixed now.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html