Why can't I use Windows 7's scheduler for Backup4all tasks when account has no password?

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
pg5555

Why can't I use Windows 7's scheduler for Backup4all tasks when account has no password?

Post by pg5555 »

On a new Windows 7 PC which I'm setting up, the only user account has no password. This is deliberate, as the user doesn't want to have to login to Windows every time she boots the PC.

I'm setting up scheduled Backup4all tasks via the Windows Scheduler, but Backup4all (version 4.6.253) comes up with error messages when I try to create the schedules. I found a post elsewhere on this board which says that Windows 7 doesn't allow scheduled tasks for any account with a blank password, and that instead you have to use Backup4all's own scheduler. (Note that I already have the Backup4all option "Allow blank passwords when scheduling" checked.)

However, I still use Backup4all version 3 (actually version 3.11.309) on my own Windows 7 PC, and that version has no trouble scheduling jobs via the Windows scheduler for my account which has no password.

If Backup4all 3 can do it, why can't Backup4all 4?

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Why can't I use Windows 7's scheduler for Backup4all tasks when account has no password?

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

You can use the Standalone scheduler which does not need a password.

If you have problems with the Windows scheduler task, please go to Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Task Scheduler
Open the task with problems and edit its properties so it can run with higher privileges and it does not require a password.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html