When restoring, the 'Preview the files to be restored' window shows file times in UTC, not local time

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
Panos

When restoring, the 'Preview the files to be restored' window shows file times in UTC, not local time

Post by Panos »

S/W: Backup4All Professional 4.4.0.213

When checking the 'Preview files at the end of wizard' checkbox at the beginning of a Restore operation, a list of the selected files appears in the 'Preview the files to be restored' window, just before the actual restore. The file times (e.g. Modified) displayed in this window are in UTC while all other file times are presented in local time. The restored files are set on disk to the correct original local time (as shown in Windows Explorer when restored to a new location)

Although internally the file times may be kept in UTC (and correctly so), as a user I would expect the file times to be shown in local time. For the preview window this is particularly important because this is where the user verifies the version actually selected (and most likely this would based on time "...I want the file modified just before the 6pm backup...")

Thanks

Adrian (Softland)

Re: When restoring, the 'Preview the files to be restored' window shows file times in UTC, not local time

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

I confirm we were able to reproduce the problem here and we will fix it.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html