When an external drive is not available, retry later

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
michalgregor

When an external drive is not available, retry later

Post by michalgregor »

Hi, I have this setup where I have a different backup setups for the different external drives at several locations I switch between daily. The times I get to each location are kind of flexible, so the approach I took with my prior backup SW was to schedule all backups at 9am and the jobs whose external drives were not connected would just retry later in the day, once the drives became available.

Is it possible to create this kind of setup in backup4all? If so, how? Please, advise.

Adrian (Softland)

Re: When an external drive is not available, retry later

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

You cannot configure Backup4all this way.
If the destination drive is not available when the backup starts, the backup execution will abort.
If you manually switch the external drives, you could manually start the backup when needed or you can create a batch file to check for the destination drive. When it's available, it should run the backup command line.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html