Warning: Cannot open file: The system cannot find the file specified Merge failed!

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
homepagestore

Re: Warning: Cannot open file: The system cannot find the file specified Merge failed!

Post by homepagestore »

I ran a clean on the backup folder to delete backup 3.zip, now it is warning about file 2.zip being missing so I cleaned the drive for 2.zip also. I will let you know the result after the next backup. Having the Clean option in the Backup for all menu bar is very handy.

homepagestore

Re: Warning: Cannot open file: The system cannot find the file specified Merge failed!

Post by homepagestore »

I used the Clean option to erase the backups that were failing to merge. Backup is running now but I have a different problem now with the log size being too large for email. I will open a new topic for Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Have you tried to compress the log file?
If the log is too large, you can go in File->Options->Logs and history, then uncheck the "Log detailed information" option.
Press Ok.
On the next backup execution, the log will be smaller.

homepagestore

Post by homepagestore »

That worked, thanks