VscSrv2008.exe crashes

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
Panos

VscSrv2008.exe crashes

Post by Panos »

S/W: Backup4All Professional version 4.4.0.213 unregistered (VscSrv2008.exe has no File Properties and, in particular, no File Version)
O/S: Vista Ultimate SP2 32-bit

I tried FBackup4 for a week, liked it and am now evaluating Backup4All Professional. I've already tried Mirror and Full types and have just set up a combination Full, Diff and Incremental.

I am backing up to an external HDD and the only problem I have so far is that a couple of minutes after a backup has started running (before it starts adding files and right about when VSS is started) Windows Error Reporting comes up to notify me that VscSrv2008.exe has crashed.

Here's what I get in the corresponding Event Log - Application Error entry:
Faulting application VscSrv2008.exe, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x4c288582, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.0.6002.18005, time stamp 0x49e03821, exception code 0xc0000374, fault offset 0x000afaf8, process id 0xd48, application start time 0x01cb1e201902294e.
You may find the exception code useful. There is a WER report as well.

The crash does not seem to affect the progress of the backup. Files are getting added and the backup completes successfully. I have done no comprehensive testing but I can navigate through the backed up file structure and open up any number of backed up files. No other exceptions are reported around that time. Even if I don't close the WER report, the backup continues.

What is the purpose of VscSrv2008.exe and is it possible to ascertain whether the crash happens before/after its work is done and whether it does affect the backup in some, perhaps not so obvious, way?

Thanks

Adrian (Softland)

Re: VscSrv2008.exe crashes

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

We found the problem why the crash report is sent and we will fix that.
The VSCSRV2008 file is related to backup open files feature.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

gmair

Post by gmair »

I am also having problem with "VscSrv2008.exe has stopped working".

I recently upgraded from the first release of v. 4.4 running on Vista Business 32-bit (and prior to that v. 3 running on Windows 2000) to v. 4.4.213 running on Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. I never had this problem until now.

I will keep a lookout for the next release of Backup4All and hope that this issue is fixed.

net_user

Post by net_user »

Same thing, but Vista x64 VSS. Please let me know when this bug is fixed.

Larry

Post by Larry »

Keep getting crashes on VscSrv2008.exe. need an update to the program soon.

Post by Guest »

This is really great software, but let down by this glitch...

Hope it is sorted soon

Post by Guest »

Any status on the fix? Going to start looking at alternative products if this isn't resolved.

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

The problem is fixed, we'll make some more tests and if everything is fine the release will be made tomorrow.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

The new release 4.4.214, including the fix is available for download.

Post by Guest »

hi,
i just installed 214. problem still exists, additionally my windows 7 32 bit freezes each time backup4all is preparing the shadow copy and i have the endless "preparing shadow copy"...
can you please let me know, where i can download an older version (before 213) which works?
oliver