Successful Backup - Many Warnings??

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
Dave McKeen

Successful Backup - Many Warnings??

Post by Dave McKeen »

Hello! I am into day 2 of trial copy of Backup4all Professional 4.4 Build 218. I made a backup to my FTP site. After it ran the test, Backup4all reported that the backup was successful. However the log file shows a huge number of errors. It appears that every file and folder processed is listed. The ZIPped Log File is attached.

In my computer I have a hard drive where I store my data. The data is located in folder D:\Data. When I built my file list to back up I selected D:\Data then made deletions so only the data I wanted backed up would be processed. I observed the backup file on my FTP server and it appears to be the correct size ZIP file of about 1.9GB.

The first warning in the log file looks like this:

[9/13/2010 8:13:55 PM] Warning: Folder "D:\Data\" not found in zip "C:\Users\dmckeen\AppData\Local\Temp\Softland\Backup4all Professional 4\Q9S2ET1FU4836\B4a-data\1_D.zip"

Of course this would mean that no data was backed up, which is not the case. If anyone can help me interpret what I am seeing I would appreciate it very much!

Thanks, - Dave
Attachments
B4a-data_20100913101032.backup.zip
Log File
(29.15 KiB) Downloaded 528 times

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Successful Backup - Many Warnings??

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Sorry for the late response.
That is not a known issue.
Can you give us access to your FTP server?
Please send us the details to connect to support[at]backup4all[dot]com
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

Dave McKeen

Post by Dave McKeen »

Hello, I can't give you access to my FTP server. I will be using the FTP backup built into Cute FTP Pro.

Thanks, - Dave

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Please note we don't have such problems here.
We wanted to help you fixing the problem that might be in the way you configured the FTP server.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

Dave McKeen

Post by Dave McKeen »

Hello Support- I purchased B4a Pro 4.5-229 and have made successful, verified FTP backups with no warnings. Thanks!