Stopped takes differential backup and takes incremental

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
TKazantzis

Stopped takes differential backup and takes incremental

Post by TKazantzis »

After the last two updates to version 9.4.452, from 25th of November, the system has stopped taken differential backup and takes incremental without changing anything to my backup job. I have send an email and at 2nd of December Mr. Mihut ask for me to send him the last backup log and the .bkc catalog file, which I have did it with screenshots. Till today I didn’t get any answer but the software start takes differential backup every 2 days and incremental the rest!!! Now I have the version 460 but the problem still exists.

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Stopped takes differential backup and takes incremental

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Sorry for the late response, we analyzed the files you sent us and we tried to reproduce the problem here. We were not able to reproduce the problem.
We sent you an email yesterday asking to disable the "Smart file scanning mode" option from Backup Properties->Advanced page.

Do you still have the problem after that?
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

TKazantzis

Post by TKazantzis »

It seems that the problem was fixed with this advice. It takes differential backups two days in a row

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Thanks for the confirmation.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html