SQL error "SELECT Count(FileVersionId) FROM FileVersions" - disk I/O error, disk I/O error (SQL81)

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
Adrian (Softland)

Re: SQL error "SELECT Count(FileVersionId) FROM FileVersions" - disk I/O error, disk I/O error (SQL81)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

As the previous replies on this post, I am asking you if you use the safely remove hardware tool before unplugging the USB drive?

That is because almost all users having this problem, were not using the safely remove hardware tool. After they used it, the problem was solved.

After the scan drive, if you run again the backup, do you have the same problem?
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

matthew.griffin

Re: SQL error "SELECT Count(FileVersionId) FROM FileVersions" - disk I/O error, disk I/O error (SQL81)

Post by matthew.griffin »

Yes, The safely remove hardware tool is being used.

The backup following my scan disk ended horribly as well, Thinking it was a cataloging issue, i stopped looking for local catalogs and formatted the drive.

The first backup ran to the formatted drive ended like this.

/log
?[2/28/2012 9:00:00 PM] Backup4all Standard Edition 4.6.263
[2/28/2012 9:00:00 PM] Starting backup for "KKC Nightly Backup" at 2/28/2012 9:00:00 PM
[2/28/2012 9:00:00 PM] Operating system: Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition Service Pack 2 (build 3790)
[2/28/2012 9:00:00 PM] Backup Summary:
General:
Name: KKC Nightly Backup
Group: My Backup Jobs
Description:
Ini file: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Softland\Backup4all Standard 4\IniFiles\KKC Nightly Backup.ini

Destination:
Destination type: External hard drive
Drive: F:
Folder: F:\
Catalog: F:\KKC Nightly Backup.bkc
Lock the destination to this external hard drive: No
Enable disk spanning: No

Source(s):
C:\Documents and Settings
D:\apps
D:\installs
D:\profiles
D:\users

Filters:
Main:
Include filter:
Include all files.
Exclude filter:
Hiberfil on System Drive - use as exclude
( File name = 'hiberfil.sys'
AND Folder name = '%SystemDrive%')
OR
Pagefile on System Drive - use as exclude
( File name = 'pagefile.sys'
AND Folder name = '%SystemDrive%')
OR
Temporary files - use as exclude filter
( File name = '*.tmp|*.temp|*.chk|*.bkc-journal')
OR
Temporary Folders - use as exclude
( Folder name = '%temp%|%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files|?:\System Volume Information|?:\Recycler|?:\Recycled|%SystemRoot%\Temp\*')

Backup type:
Type: Mirror
Clear archive bit: No
Folder name prefix: none
Fast mirror: No
Create full paths: Yes
Copy files in a subfolder: Yes
Remove excluded or deleted files from backup: No
Zip the files: No
Copy NTFS security permissions: No
Copy NTFS alternate file streams: No
Allow file splitting when spanning: Yes
Sort mirror files for optimized spanning: Yes

Advanced settings:
Backup:
Use local catalog: No
Test after backup: Yes
Delete sources after successful backup: No
Ask for backup label before execution: No
Backup open files: Yes
Store temporary catalog data in memory Yes
Backup execution priority: Normal priority
Actions:
Action before backup: <Clear backup>
Run only once: No
Action after backup: not enabled
Comparison:
Comparison criteria: [Size, Date modified, Date created, Read-Only, Archived, Hidden, System]
Sounds: not enabled

Emails: not enabled

Scheduler:
Show warning and error messages when scheduled: Yes
Abort backup when source drives are not available: No
Ask for user input when backup cannot continue: No

b4a_KKC Nightly Backup.job
Enabled At 9:00 PM every Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri of every week, starting 2/17/2012

[2/28/2012 9:00:00 PM] Error: Backup aborted. Reason:
Access violation at address 007C5C10 in module 'Backup4all.exe'. Read of address 00000020
Backup aborted at 2/28/2012 9:00:00 PM with 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
/log

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

We don't have such problems here. Can you give us access to your computer using TeamViewer? Please send us an email to support[at]backup4all[dot]com to discuss when we can connect.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

oddbjorn.f

Post by oddbjorn.f »

Hi,
I have the same problem with " SQL error "SELECT Count(FileVersionId) FROM FileVersions" - disk I/O error, disk I/O error (SQL81)"
I run Win7 (64-bit) on a computer with attached USB-drive.
I have recently scanned the drive (as stated below by support)

I have turned off all power-savings (regarding USB).

This backup job is set daily in the scheduler, and backup files from a NAS to a USB-disk at this computer.
After this error message occurs I start the Backup job manually and then it goes well, every time.

Another backup job performing weekly (with different USB disk) is performed well each time, but that USB disk is connected directly to the NAS.
The daily backup job has in the past been tried with the same USB-disk connected directly to the NAS but with the same negative results.

I need some good advice!

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

1. Please delete the backup job from Backup4all.
2. Open the .bkc catalog file from backup destination, into Backup4all.
3. The backup job will be recreated. Run again the backup.
Do you have the same problem?

oddbjorn.f

Post by oddbjorn.f »

Thank you for fast answer!

This was very helpful. Now it runs like intended. :D