Sorry to pester again but don't understand this restore..

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
justinhow

Sorry to pester again but don't understand this restore..

Post by justinhow »

I am testing restore process and I see a mismatch between in 2 different places in B4A.
The inetpub folder was backed up (I have checked the zip files) and the folder appears on the main screen (yellow highlight) but this folder does not appear when I run restore wizard (choose files/folders and restore any version).
See the attached screen shot.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-02-12 122018.jpg
Screenshot 2023-02-12 122018.jpg (89.98 KiB) Viewed 7244 times
Using B4All (v9.8 build 725) on Windows Server 2019

justinhow

Re: Sorry to pester again but don't understand this restore..

Post by justinhow »

Well I have got round this issue by removing all filters (althgough I don't see any filter that should have had this effect) and then cleaned and re-run the backup. Inetpub has now appeared.
I find no way of easily listing all applied filters to a backup, as if you have put them against various subfolders you may never find them again if you forget what you have done.
I have thousands of folders all told and it's like looking for a neddle in a haystack. I ended up opening the backup's ini file and worked out where the filters were from that.
I now only place filters in the root of backup drives/folders wherever possible as then it is easy to locate them.
Using B4All (v9.8 build 725) on Windows Server 2019

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Sorry to pester again but don't understand this restore..

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

I added your request in Wishlist, to easily show customized filters.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html