Scheduler broken after August 4th update

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
DaveP

Scheduler broken after August 4th update

Post by DaveP »

I just discovered that scheduled Backup4all jobs were not running on my two windows 10 systems. I investigated and discovered that they appear to have stopped after doing in-app updates to the last release.
On further examination I found that bSchedStarter.exe was missing from the program files folder in each case. For safety, I downloaded a new installation, uninstalled the program (retaining licenses and data) and reinstalled. This fixed the problem.
I wonder if this was due to some peculiarity of my system (nothing exotic) or whether there was an issue with that distribution.

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Scheduler broken after August 4th update

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

We had some other reports that McAfee antivirus deletes the bSchedStarter.exe file.
We contacted them about that issue.
Do you use McAfee on that computer?
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

DaveP

Post by DaveP »

Thanks for responding,
Yes, antivirus is McAfee LiveSafe. This issue seems to be consistent in that environment as I have now found it on a third machine. I will try a McAfee scan to see if the exe is removed at that point or whether it is only during install.

UPDATE I have now tried running a scan and this reported no errors. Perhaps not surprising as the application re-install had succeeded. It must have just been a problem during the actual update process.
Dave

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

I'm glad the problem is solved now.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html