Scheduled Tasks

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
dustin.wood

Scheduled Tasks

Post by dustin.wood »

From the tests that I've done, a scheduled job will only run when the user that set the schedule is logged in. If I log off of the user that set the schedules and log on as another user with equal Domain permissions (Administrator), the built in scheduler will still launch the backup4all application and the job will start and then immediately crash. When I look at the log file I get the following error:
"Network connection error. No more connections can be made to this remote computer at this time because there are already as many connections as the computer can accept"
Can someone explain to me why this is happening. There are a half dozen or so people who log into this server and at any time, this user could be logged out, which would halt my backups. Is there a way to set this up and not worry?

Thanks

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Scheduled Tasks

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

In Backup4all there are 2 scheduler types:
1. The Windows Scheduler - it requires a password and will run no matter if the user is logged on or not.
2. The built-in scheduler - it does not require a password and will run only if an user is logged on.

In your case, it seems the scheduled task ran, but you have a backup destination drive which cannot be accessed because of the listed problem. I suggest you to increase the number of connections allowed or to close some other connections in order for the backup to run.

dustin.wood

Re: Scheduled Tasks

Post by dustin.wood »

Thanks, that did solve my problem. I went into the network share and increased the number of allowed connections in the properties.