Scheduled jobs disappear after changing user

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
zueri

Scheduled jobs disappear after changing user

Post by zueri »

Dear support
We have some backup jobs configured to run as scheduled windows tasks. This works if I run backup4all as the same user as the windows job is configured. As soon as I set the job to run as a different user, it disappears form the list of schduled jobs. This is very annoying. We like to configure the jobs with an administrator user but run them using a service account (different user).

Backup4All: 5.4 Build 810

Thanks!

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Scheduled jobs disappear after changing user

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

If the user is not an administrator, you can see in Backup4all only the scheduled tasks for the currently logged on user. This is because of the permissions in Windows, it's not a restriction from Backup4all.
The scheduled tasks exists in Control Panel and will run as created, under another user.

zueri

Post by zueri »

I was working as Administrator (Domain Admin) but couldn't see the scheduled tasks. Also, if I remember correctly, the where not executed but this wasn't reported. Means the just disappeared and cannot be controlled anymore. Is there really no solution?

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Please use a local administrator account and see if you can see those tasks.
If you want to use a specific account, make sure it has assigned the necessarily permissions from Windows to view those tasks.
It is not a permission restriction from Backup4all but from Windows.