Scheduled backups via Windows Task Scheduler

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
rjantigua

Scheduled backups via Windows Task Scheduler

Post by rjantigua »

I have incremental, differential and full backups scheduled to run in the middle of the night (1am, 2am, etc.). The jobs run fine manually.

When I check the job logs, only the manual ones are available, as if no scheduled jobs have run (this has been going on for a week). When I check the Task Scheduler, it's log shows that the tasks kick off fine. For example - incremental:
Category________________________________Op Code
Task triggered___________________________Info
Task Engine received message to start task___1
Action started____________________________1
Task Started ____________________________1
Create Task Process ______________________Info
Action completed _________________________2 (with return code 0, Event ID 201)
Task completed __________________________2 (with Event ID 102)

Running Vista Ultimate (sp2) on a Dell XPS 420.

Is something causing the jobs not to complete? I can't imagine no files are changed. Jobs are scheduled to wake the computer.

TIA

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Scheduled backups via Windows Task Scheduler

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

For a job that did not ran, please send us:
- the .bkc catalog file for that job. You can find the .bkc file if you go to View->Open folder->Destination folder.
- the .log file for the last backup job. To find it, please go to: View->Job Logs->Last Backup Log.
- the schedule task for this job. You can find it if you go to: Start->Control Panel->Scheduled Tasks
- the SchedLgU.Txt file from C:\Windows\Tasks.
Put the files into a zip/rar archive and send it to support[at]backup4all[dot]com

rjantigua

Post by rjantigua »

Posted. Pls note that the two incremental jobs were manually activated via backup4all interface.

rjantigua

Post by rjantigua »

Conclusion: I was originally executing the jobs as the Administrator, which failed. I ended up having to run the jobs using my ID (which is in the admin group). So far so good...