Scheduled Backups

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
mcotsc

Scheduled Backups

Post by mcotsc »

I am not sure if I have everything setup correctly.

I have one job which has a daily scheduled incremental backup and a weekly full backup.

Both jobs are scheduled via Windows schedule option.

The jobs were created while user A was logged in, but the jobs were scheduled using user B's pasword.

If user B logs in, the job says last run was a few days prior. Nothing new in application log.

Looking at scheduled tasks, the jobs ran at the correct time.

What woculd be wrong?

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Scheduled Backups

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

When you log in as user B, is the backup finished?
Have you checked the last backup log?
Did you refresh the interface?
Do you use the latest version of Backup4all 4.7.270?
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

mcotsc

Post by mcotsc »

Hello,

When you log in as user B, is the backup finished?
Scheduled Backup - No, Error: Backup aborted. Reason: This operation is not valid because the current image contains no valid header.
Since the scheduled backup aborted we ran a manual backup instead.
Manual Backup - Yes, No Errors
Have you checked the last backup log? Yes
I saw the scheduled job aborted and the manual job succeeded.
Did you refresh the interface? Yes
Do you use the latest version of Backup4all 4.7.270? Yes

Other issues associated with this issue.
1. The daily jobs are not starting. I would assume the program should start and check if any new files are present and start the Daily job and if no new files are present the program should quit.
2. The sceduled weekly job starts, but has issues.
3. I have a script to kill services before the scheduled backup jobs are to start and restart services when the backup job finishes, however something turns these options off. The scripts I don't believe have any issue, just what is turning them off.
I believe I have solved issue 3. I had the "Run Only Once" option checked so I unchecked it.

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

To make sure you configured the scheduler correctly, please try to create the scheduled task under the current account with the current account password. Do you still have the problem?
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

mcotsc

Post by mcotsc »

Hi,

Perhaps I mislead you.

The backups in question are Windows scheduled backups. This option should aloow any user to create the Windows scheduled backups. The Daily backups will not start. The weekyl backup did start, but failed.

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

Please note there is something you can configure incorrectly.
For example, when you configure a scheduled task using Windows scheduler option, the username field is auto-completed with the current user name. If you do not use your password but another account password with your username, that won't work.
I just wanted to make sure that is not a configuration problem.

For the backup job that failed, can you send me the last backup log from View->Job Logs->Last backup log to support[at]backup4all[dot]com ?

mcotsc

Post by mcotsc »

Support wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please note there is something you can configure incorrectly.
> For example, when you configure a scheduled task using Windows scheduler option,
> the username field is auto-completed with the current user name. If you do not use
> your password but another account password with your username, that won't work.
>
> I just wanted to make sure that is not a configuration problem.
>
> For the backup job that failed, can you send me the last backup log from View->Job
> Logs->Last backup log to support[at]backup4all[dot]com ?

I user B, configured a windows scheduled backup while user A was logged on. I saw the program suto-completed user A's username so I remove user A's username and placed my username (User B) instead along with the corresponding password.

This I thought should work fine since it was the same username (User B) and password (User B). However the backup would not work. I made two changes which made the backup work. Change 1 - I logged on as User B and deleted both job schedules and created new schedules as User B. Change 2 - I unchecked the option "Close after finish".

I will email the job logs to see if I am missing something and so you may check the error I received.