Scheduled backups didn't run

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
Hikari

Scheduled backups didn't run

Post by Hikari »

All my jobs are scheduled to run daily, B4a one before and after all others. First one starts 5PM and last one is 7PM.

Today none of them ran. There's no apparent message explaining why. How can I troubleshoot it to find out the issue and fix it?

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Scheduled backups didn't run

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

In the Backup4all logs folder (C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Softland\Backup4all 8\Logs\), there should be a log for each scheduled task execution (different than the backup log). Please see if that file exists and if it contains any information.

If such a file does not exist, please check the Scheduler status and history in Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Task Scheduler.

Hikari

Post by Hikari »

Thanks for the support.

Indeed there are no logs. In Task Scheduler, all of them have as Last Run Result "The Directory Name is invalid".

IDK what this directory is. C:\Program Files (x86)\Backup4all 8\bSchedStarter.exe is in its place.

Maybe this happened when I restored Win backup and then restored B4a backup? IDK how to fix it now.

Hikari

Post by Hikari »

I solved it: https://superuser.com/questions/885550/ ... valid-path

For some reason, maybe during a restore, B4a added quote on task > Actions > Start in.

I removed the quote and it worked today.