Schedule vs Manual Launch Issue

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
Meathammer

Schedule vs Manual Launch Issue

Post by Meathammer »

I have what I think is a strange issue. I'm running the latest version of Backup4All on my Windows 2008 Server (just home/lab use). I am backing up to DVD+RW discs. I have incremental back-ups running M-Th and a full backup on Friday. I've tried scheduling these jobs with both the built-in scheduler as well as the Windows scheduler and I get the same results. If the job is kicked off by the scheduler it fails if the job rolls over to another DVD. However if I start the same job manually, I have no such problem.

Ideas? Suggestions? Help?

Thanks!

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Schedule vs Manual Launch Issue

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Normally you should use the scheduler only for unattended backups. You cannot run an unattended backup that will require multiple discs, because Backup4all will wait for user to change the disc.

Please send us the last backup log for this job to [email protected].
You can find that file if you go to View->Job Logs->Last backup log.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

Meathammer

Re: Schedule vs Manual Launch Issue

Post by Meathammer »

Well you've answered my question. Thank you. I guess your product just won't do what I need it to.