Run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
Olyfant22

Run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed

Post by Olyfant22 »

Hi,
I am a "newbie" on this forum, so please forgive me if I am not following certain procedures correctly!

I have tried to search this forum for what I wrote in the subject..... I couldn't find anything.
So, let me try and explain my issue.

I have 7 seperate (daily) backups scheduled from 19:00 hours to 19:30 hours with a 5 minute interval
(see 1st attachment).

Now, when I start-up my PC after the scheduled scans, it will try(!) to run the missed scheduled tasks
almost simultaneously which doesn't work and ends in an [ERROR] (see 2nd attachment).

How can I make this work without risking an [ERROR] and therefore not having a daily backup?

Thank you in advance for your energy, patience and time.
Attachments
1. Scheduled tasks.jpg
1. Scheduled tasks.jpg (111.25 KiB) Viewed 8879 times
2. Scheduled tasks.jpg
2. Scheduled tasks.jpg (139.69 KiB) Viewed 8879 times
Backup4all v9.4.460 running on Windows 10 Pro 64-bits (x64) v21H2
Intel i7-7700 [email protected] | Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 500GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB | RAM 16GB

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Please send us the last backup log for such a backup job with problems, to support[at]backup4all[dot]com
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

Olyfant22

Post by Olyfant22 »

Hi Adrian (Softland),

I am reluctant, because:
(1) which file(s) would you need exactly;
(2) the logs I have seen are full of VERY personal data (like: names, IP-addresses etc.).

Also, I am curious as to why I am not able to use BBCode (it is switched OFF).
Intel i7-7700 [email protected] | Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 500GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB | RAM 16GB

Olyfant22

Post by Olyfant22 »

Okay.... I discovered where the error was coming from.

I analyzed the logfiles from 13 dec. 2021 and at the end of the logs there was the reason why the backup
was aborted: in short, it said "Cannot create folder....".

I am backing-up to my NAS which, of course, has a servername and a local IP-address.
The destination folder contains the IP-address instead of the servername.
There is nothing wrong with that, only my computer could not access the NAS by using the IP-address....
a so-called "credentials problem".
I fixed it in Windows Credentials Manager (defining both servername and IP-address with username
and password) and after that I shut down my computer before 19:00 hours and started it back up
at 19:45 hours. And that worked, Backup4all ran all the tasks right after the computer was up and running.

So Adrian (Softland), thanks for your valuable input and time, much obliged!

(topic is solved and can be closed)

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

I'm glad you found and solved the problem.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html