Restoring specific file version fails.

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
net_user

Restoring specific file version fails.

Post by net_user »

I have an incremental backup which creates full backup on the first run, then creates a number of incremental backup up to the limit I set and then it deletes the incremental backups when the limit is reached and creates a new incremental backup. Works fine, however there is a problem with restoring a specific file. Here is what I do:

1. Select the Explore view at the top panel to see the files and folders.
2. I navigate to the required file and click it, I see the versions at the bottom for this file (backup no, date, status).
3. I select a file version I require, right-click it and click Restore. It does nothing, i.e. does not restore it.
4. To check it, I right-click the file version and select Restore To and point to my Desktop, doesn't work again.
5. Now I right-click again and click View In Notepad, it works, i.e. shows the correct file contents.

Question, why it doesn't restore if it can show the contents of the file.

And another point to check:

1. I try to use the restore wizard to restore this file version, I click Restore at the top panel.
2. I select "another location" and point to Desktop, I select "Choose/filter files and restore any version" and check "Preview files at the end of wizard".
3. I click Next button and next step I select that file I want to restore.
4. I click Next button and select the date of the backup I want to restore (I double check that date with the program main window's Explore view).
5. I click Next button and do not specify any filters.
6. I click Next button and I don't see any files in the preview to be restored.

Restore failed.

Any ideas?

If this case is sort of bug, I have more details to describe which probably can help.

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Restoring specific file version fails.

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

First, please make sure you use the latest version of Backup4all 4.4 build 206.
If you still have the problem using the latest version, please send us to support[at]backup4all[dot]com:
- the .bkc catalog file for that job. You can find the .bkc file if you go to View->Open folder->Destination folder.
- the .log file for the last backup job. To find it, please go to: View->Job Logs->Last Backup Log.
Put the files into a zip archive.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

peterg

Post by peterg »

Has there been a solution to this issue as I have the very same problem?

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Please send us the same files as the problem was discussed long time ago and there is a new version of Backup4all.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html