Restoring ALL versions of a file

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.

Restoring ALL versions of a file

Post by Guest »

Hi,

How do I restore all versions of a file that have been backed up for say the last couple of days.

I have a flaky prog I'm using so run incrementals every 10 minutes while I'm using the program. I now find I have a corrupted file but only seem to be able to restore the last version. I think I can also choose the backup set to restore from but I don't know which one because the corruption may have occured at any time and there are 100s over the time period in question.

So my question is, how can I restore ALL versions over say the last 2 days so I can then go through them with my application to find the last good one.

Alternatively is there a catalogue I can check to at least find which backup sets the file is in. Just being able to do that and see files sizes would probably get me to the right set as presumably the good file is much larger than the bad ones.

______
Rob

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Restoring ALL versions of a file

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Please open Backup4all, go to Explore View (F2)
Expand the tree to find the file you need.
Select the file and you can see in the bottom all versions of the file in backup and also in which backup number can be found.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

Re: Restoring ALL versions of a file

Post by Guest »

Thanks, that worked.

______
Rob