Restore srCreateError

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
schmidty169

Restore srCreateError

Post by schmidty169 »

I had to fix my Raid container on my Dlink 343 NAS. I had a Raid 5 array with 3 drives (all I had to start with). I added a forth drive. On the Dlink 343 it rebuilds the array container when you add the additional drive. The volume name remains the same volume1. So knowing this I updated my back up jobs. I"m running v4.9, Type: Incremental. I tried to restore my back up to the NAS and get an error srCreateError. I tried using Original location and Choose another location, browsing to the NAS.

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Restore srCreateError

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

hi,

Do you have enough permissions to create the files on that location?
What about if you try to restore them to a local drive?
Do you have the latest version of Backup4all 5.0.468?

schmidty169

Re: Restore srCreateError

Post by schmidty169 »

Yes. Be default the NAS gives read/write to all. I tested also by copying from PC to NAS. I figured out the issue. Well not the issue but a way around it.
[6/19/2014 9:39:32 AM] Processing zip file T:\Schmidt Home Movies\1_R2-d2_volume__1.zip
[6/19/2014 9:39:33 AM] Error: Failed to restore \\R2-D2\Volume_1\Schmidt Home Movies\2009-04-26 Spring\100_0240.mov. (srCreateError)

I kept thinking about permission's and did not think that was really the issue, but obviously we did have a write issue going on. I kept trying different things, rebooting NAS, PC, different restores(I have several), tried restoring to Volume_2 on the same NAS, etc.... We are using a Windows 7 PC and the NAS is Linux. So I started thinking maybe it had to do with the way it was accessing the drive on the NAS. I have another piece of software Bulk Rename Utility that works beautifully locally but has issues trying to get folders on other PC's via Network. But if I map a drive to the folder on the PC (whether Windows or Linux) it works perfectly. so I mapped a Windows drive R: to \\R2-D2\Volume_1. I then selected Choose another location. Picked R: from My Computer and checked the box to not use the drive letter. Bingo full restore works. So same source PC, same software, same restore, same destination, but it works via a mapped drive and not via the network address.