[Resolved] Backup4All 8 Freezes When Launched and Will Not open

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
ClassicMan

[Resolved] Backup4All 8 Freezes When Launched and Will Not open

Post by ClassicMan »

I have the latest version 8 of backup4All on Windows 10.

Having just reinstalled Backup4All 8 on a new computer it will not open. The program starts to launch then it totally freezes at 'Initializing Burn Engine'. I have been using Backup4All for years and have never had anything like this before.

I am unable to cancel or close the program. I have tried going into the 'Task Manager' to 'End Task' but this also fails to close the frozen window. The only way is a hard shutdown of the computer then reboot.

I have two licences and this this also happening on our second computer. I have tried everything I can think of. I have double checked my firewall and this is not blocking Bakup4All.

I completed the online contact form a few days back an have heard no reply yet. The only thing left I can think of is to uninstall the program yet again and try installing Version 7.

I'd appreciate any help with this.

Thanks.

ClassicMan

Re: [Resolved] Backup4All 8 Freezes When Launched and Will Not open

Post by ClassicMan »

I am pleased to say that I have found what was causing the problem.

It was caused by a USB 3.1 Gen ll Peripheral switch I had bought recently to manage printer, scanner and external hard drive between two computers. After spending days investigating I found that I could get Backup4All to open if I followed an illogical specific order of using the switch.

I have now completely removed the switch and will find an alternative.