Remove excluded

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
R_Edwards

Remove excluded

Post by R_Edwards »

When I initially setup a mirror job to backup 'My Documents' and selected the whole folder. Now I want to remove some folders/files from the backup. I had already selected 'Properties, Type, Mirror, Options <Remove excluded or deleted files from backup>'.

The help file states when in [F2-Explorer View] and the Red-Dash button is pressed - "If pressed, files that are already present in backup and are now excluded by new changes in file filter are shown in the tree. All files with this status will have a Red-Circle picture in from of them."

I opened the 'Properties, Sources' and unchecked some folders and saved. I then selected F2-Explorer View and pressed all the files buttons. But the folders/files I unchecked showed a Red-Dash. Just to check I ran the backup job. It do NOT remove the folders/files from the destination.

Again, I opened the 'Properties, Sources' and rechecked the folders. I then created a filter to exclude the folder and saved. Again the folders/files show a Red-Dash. Again, just to check I ran the backup job. Again, it do NOT remove the folders/files from the destination.

I must be doing something wrong. I sure could use a bit of guidance

FYI - Backup4All Portable v4.5 Build 241

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Remove excluded

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Please let us know what destination type do you use.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

R_Edwards

Post by R_Edwards »

A 2TB USB Drive

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Please make sure you have at least one new or modified file to be backed up in order for the backup to run.
The deleted files won't be removed from destination if the backup does not run.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html