Program randomly freeezes

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
KenHorse

Program randomly freeezes

Post by KenHorse »

Backup4all 9.8 Windows 11 (latest)
I back up to a NAS on my local network and do a mirror backup every night before I shut down the computer (I let Backup4all shut it down when it finished).

Approximately 3 out of 5 times I run it, it will freeze partially through the backup (typically about 9 gigs to back up). I come back to the computer in the morning (obviously the computer wasn't shut down by Backup4all) and Backup4all froze up anywhere from a few gigs completed to almost completely done (the freeze point is never the same place twice). There is no log available, only the one from the last complete run. My computer never goes to sleep BTW (set up not to)

It's become so unreliable that I'm exploring other backup choices out there (even though I bought Backup4all) and I need reliable backups

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Program randomly freeezes

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

There must be a log file created in the Backup4all logs folder which is by default located in:
C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Softland\Backup4all 9\Logs\
Please send us the log for such an execution with problems to support[at]backup4all[dot]com
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

KenHorse

Post by KenHorse »

Since I've upgraded to 9.8 Build 710, the problem appears to have been corrected. My backups run properly and the computer shuts down at the end, just as I selected.

If the problem crops up again, I'll post back about it

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

I'm glad the problem was fixed.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html