Plugins - virtual folders

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
Ireneusz Patalas

Plugins - virtual folders

Post by Ireneusz Patalas »

Hello,

can you explain me the idea behind virtual folders for plugins ? I don't see any advantage of them and it seems very confusing for me.

Let's take an example:

I expected the backup zip will end with a folder structure similar to the one set up here, so that i will have a registry file in the zip root folder, then the Config folder with two ini files and another folder Alternate files with all other *.ini files (that's how it's defined by default - it's a plugin available in your Downloads).

What I actually get is so much different... I get 3 separate zips, one with registry settings, one with Alternate files folder and one with the rest. I don't get it :(
Is there a way to get only one zip file? I would prefer it to work that way, I expect a single backup to be in a single file.
Is there at least some kind of a workaround for this? I have quite a few applications which I do want to backup with registry settings and files and I really don't like the way it works now :(

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Plugins - virtual folders

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

This is the way the plugins were designed.
Each backup has its files in a folder named as the backup job. This way your files/folders in backups are organized.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html