Outlook plugin PST file backup problem

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
Wafertek

Outlook plugin PST file backup problem

Post by Wafertek »

I am having trouble with the outlook plugin on my Windows vista ultimate edition on my HP DV5T. It seems that the pst files or no longer saving. Extend.dat is the only file in the personal folder data being saved. I have been running Backup4 all professional 4 for a long time and this is the first time I have noticed it. Using Windows explorer to list the files in the zip files does not show any pst files.I am also seeing (Personal folder (1) refernce in the logs. I do not know if a second folder or reference was created without my data.The backup started the first time today with a message that the DVD drive was not ready. The properties apparently changed from my external harddrive to the DVD drive. I changed the settings back to the external harddrive and attempted the backup. I raceived an error message that the drive was changed and if I wanted to continue it would delete the local backup catalog. I don't know if this is related. Any help would be appreciated.

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Outlook plugin PST file backup problem

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Please send us the .bkc catalog file from the backup destination and the last backup log for that job to support[at]backup4all[dot]com

Changing the backup destination will delete the backup catalog and the job will start from the beginning. Does Backup4all keeps the same drive letter and there is another device assigned for the same drive letter?

Wafertek

Re: Outlook plugin PST file backup problem

Post by Wafertek »

I just sent the files you requsted. I had other house problems come up, so I was not able to get back to the forum. I manually copy all the log files from each backup to a different directory on my external hard drive.In case I loose the data on my primary internal hard drive. I sent you the bkc and log files from my primary hard drive appdata directory.