Outlook Plugin not showing in drop-down menu

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
kitty2

Outlook Plugin not showing in drop-down menu

Post by kitty2 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:07 pm

Hi, I just downloaded the newest version (4.3) of backup4all standard onto a new computer running Windows 7 home premium. When I went to set up a backup for Outlook 2007 according to the directions, there was no drop down menu option for Outlook 2007. I went into the backup4all install directory and the Outlook plugin is there but it is not showing in the program selction menu. I uninstalled and re-installed backup4all and the plugin is still not showing up.

I also went into Tools-Plugins menu and tried to add the MicrsoftOutlookSources.dll plugin manually and it did not work. The error message was: The plugin must be an XML file. If this is the case, then why did the OutlookExpressSources.dll plugin install? I also went into the C:\Users\"myname"\AppData\Roaming\Softland\Backup4all Standard 4\Plugins\ folder and tried to add it from there and I got the same error message.

I'm migrating from XP to Windows 7 and I'm guessing the problem might be a file security issue. I'd rather not have to build the Outlook backup from scratch when I know there is a plugin available.

Thanks.

Support

Re: Outlook Plugin not showing in drop-down menu

Post by Support » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:38 am

Hi,

You also wrote us on our email support. We asked you for some detailed logs to see exactly what the problem is.

kitty2

Post by kitty2 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:24 pm

Sent them via the email address yesterday.

Support

Post by Support » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:36 am

Hi,

Please download the latest version of Backup4all 4.4 from our website.
Do you still have the problem?

kitty2

Post by kitty2 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:58 am

Yes, I do. I'm still getting the Outlook plugin must be XML error. I sent an email to support as well.

rickL

Post by rickL » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:48 pm

Hi,
I just installed v4.4 and I'm having the same problem - no Outlook plugin.

Support

Post by Support » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:01 am

Hi,

Can you import the plugin from the Backup4all installation folder, under Plugins subfolder?