No more scheduled jobs

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
diethardw

No more scheduled jobs

Post by diethardw »

Hello everyone,
since a few weeks Backup4All 5.5.839 doesn't really work any more. Scheduled tasks will not be executed. Manual backups work correctly.
I even deinstalled and reinstalled the software, only to find that the data of the old jobs were still there. So I deleted all jobs and tried to redefine them, but with no success either.
So what happens? Before the reinstallation, the scheduled jobs just weren't executed, without any error message. Now I have defined a test backup job, just the mirror of a local directory. When I call up the properties of the job in advanced mode and come to the step "Time Scheduler" (I use the German version, so I don't know the exact name in the English version), in the tab "Main" I keep all default values. In "When" I choose "Daily" and a time. In the next step ("What"), I will find as the "Type" entry just the German word "Fehlwert" (should be "error value" in English) without having anything to choose from. Clicking OK, the following box tells me: "The scheduled job could not be created. The system cannot find the given path."
What's wrong with it? I don't have any idea...
My operating system is Windows 10. It has already worked under Win 10 before, so I cannot tell what could have caused the error.
Thanks for any support,
Diethard

diethardw

Re: No more scheduled jobs

Post by diethardw »

Looking for the log files, I see no errors or warnings that could explain the behavior.
But what I found is that within the BackupTray logs there is one entry coming every minute as long as the pc is running:

[12.11.2015 08:58:24] Die Datei "C:\Users\Diethard\AppData\Roaming\Softland\Backup4all 5\Backup4all.sch" öffnen
[12.11.2015 08:59:24] Die Datei "C:\Users\Diethard\AppData\Roaming\Softland\Backup4all 5\Backup4all.sch" öffnen
[12.11.2015 09:00:24] Die Datei "C:\Users\Diethard\AppData\Roaming\Softland\Backup4all 5\Backup4all.sch" öffnen
[12.11.2015 09:01:24] Die Datei "C:\Users\Diethard\AppData\Roaming\Softland\Backup4all 5\Backup4all.sch" öffnen
[12.11.2015 09:02:24] Die Datei "C:\Users\Diethard\AppData\Roaming\Softland\Backup4all 5\Backup4all.sch" öffnen

Is that OK?
Diethard

Adrian (Softland)

Re: No more scheduled jobs

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Please send us a screenshot with the empty field to see what the problem is at support[at]backup4all[dot]com