NAS Miroring

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
almostgem

NAS Miroring

Post by almostgem »

Hi,
I have (2) 4 terrabyte NAS devices for file storage on my network. Because at one time, I had a NAS die without warning, I have since purchased 2 so that I can remove the single point of failure. In any case, I know how to mirror one to the other, but was wondering if there were a way to select all files and folders within a share without having to add them individually. I know I can select the share itself, but then the backup isn't a true mirror - at that point the file structure of the backup will be share/share/folders where the primary is share/folders. Also, if I go through and select each folder from within the share, will I then have to add any new folders that I create on the primary in order for them to be backed up ?

Thanks

Adrian (Softland)

Re: NAS Miroring

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Please follow these steps:
1. Create a Mirror backup adding the entire share to the backup sources.
2. On the Mirror page in Backup Properties, un-check "Create full paths" and "Copy files in a subfolder" options.
3. Press Save.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html