Mirror backup not deleting deleted/excluded files

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
coffee1978

Mirror backup not deleting deleted/excluded files

Post by coffee1978 »

Hi,

It seems Backup4all 9.9.849 (and possibly other 9.9 versions) have broken an issue which was fixed in 9.3.x -- support-troubleshooting-f6/mirror-backu ... t2287.html

I have a Mirror backup w/ zip compression+encryption and filename obfuscation configured and runs daily. The backup configuration enables "Remove excluded or deleted files from backup" and "Only if source drive is available".

I unchecked a subdirectory from Sources, and no files were deleted from the destination directory after running a backup. I have also tried both a Quick Repair and a Clean Destination folder, and nothing changes. The newly-excluded directory is nearly 10TB so I would have noticed a change in the destination. Also, I can go into Restore and select/browse the directory that I excluded.

How can I fix this?

Thanks.

coffee1978

Re: Mirror backup not deleting deleted/excluded files

Post by coffee1978 »

Please disregard. I remembered that b4a must backup at least 1 file before it forces a catalog update (and therefore deletion). I added some files to the source, they were backed up and 10TB disappeared on the destination drive. All is good now.

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Mirror backup not deleting deleted/excluded files

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Yes, that is correct. You must have at least 1 file to be backed up, so that the backup will run and the removed source files will be deleted from destination.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html