Mapped drive backup hangs. Credentials not saved?

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
swiftruss

Mapped drive backup hangs. Credentials not saved?

Post by swiftruss »

Running Backup4All Professional 4.5, Build 232. I have a schedule backup for a mapped drive (Z). I'm logged in to my machine, and the mapped drive can be accessed through Explorer. On a scheduled backup of the mapped drive, the log shows "Checking if the drives of the sources exist." The status will remain for as long as you let it... 8, 9, 10+ hours. I then have to end task on Backup4All because it refuses to exit the application while "busy." If I manually run the backup, it prompts me for credentials to the mapped drive. If I provide the username and password of the mapped drive, the backup connects and is successful. Is there a way to save the credentials for the mapped drive so it will run as scheduled without prompting for username/password?

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Mapped drive backup hangs. Credentials not saved?

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

You cannot save credentials for a mapped source drive. That is possible only for destination drives.
Please try using UNC paths in Backup4all to access the network drive.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

swiftruss

Post by swiftruss »

Using a UNC path, I receive an error in the log: "Warning: Following drive(s) could not be found:"

So now I can't use a UNC path for a network drive source. I can't use a mapped drive as a source. What other options do I have? How can I reliably back up a network drive? I'm at the point where I'm going to have to abandon this software for a more reliable/functioning package that will actually communicate and backup my network drives. Backup4all has done a great job with my internal drive, but the network drive back up is not working.

Any final advice on how to back up my network drives? I can not babysit this software any longer for network backups.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

No other client reported that problem before. You should be able to connect using UNC paths.
Can you give us access to your computer using TeamViewer?
If yes, please send us the ID and password to support[at]backup4all[dot]com
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html