Manual start fails

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
DrTensor

Manual start fails

Post by DrTensor »

Sometimes a manual start (click on desktop icon) fails - busy mouse cursor for a few seconds, then nothing. No error message. Have to reboot then it's OK. Windows 7, Backup4all 4.7. Any suggestions?

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Manual start fails

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Instead of reboot, please try to close the Backup4all.exe process in Task manager.
How ofter does this happen?
Is there any application you use related to this problem?
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

DrTensor

Re: Manual start fails

Post by DrTensor »

I looked in task manager last time it happened and there was no backup4all process running.
Not sure how often it happens - I do a disk backup every few days, and it seems it may or may not start (right now it started!). I don't reboot the system more than necessary, letting it sleep when I'm away.
There's plenty running on this machine, but only 'good' software (I hope). Can't associate the problem with anything else, but will try to observe and find out more. I had expected that I'm not alone with this issue, I guess I was wrong!