Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
homepagestore

Post by homepagestore »

I am running version 5.1 build 549; The backup appears to be working perfectly now. The problem I have is the email notices are getting so large they are being rejected by my mail server. The last one was over 49114849 characters long;

SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
host ?? server name and IP removed for privacy:
554 Message size exceeded limit.

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------
------ The body of the message is 49114849 characters long; only the first
------ 106496 or so are included here.

The log is over 50mb. The extremely large size for the log is being caused by the merge. A line is printed for every file in the merge.

Please add an option to suppress the listing of each individual file in the email that goes to recipient. Display log are normal. If we want to see every file, we can view the log. The email should contain everthing it does now except for the list of files merged.

Thank you for the best backup application I have ever seen!

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

This functionality is already included in Backup4all, you just have to change an option to have the detailed log disabled (if it's enabled the log is too large):
1. Go to Options->Logs and history
2. Uncheck the option "Log detailed information"

Optionally if you want you can zip the log file, you'd have to Properties for that specific backup job and you'll see that option under Email.