Localized name of root folder gets truncated

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
SergeSF

Localized name of root folder gets truncated

Post by SergeSF »

Backing up localized (Russian) root folder gets truncated over network in destination folder.
I have "C:/Документы" as a source on Win Server 2008R2.
However in destination network folder on WinServer 2003R2 it appears as "нты"! All localized subfolders in this particular folder are OK. Only root folder name appears truncated. Can't find any setting in app which may fix this issue.

I use Backup4all 9.8 Lite. Previous version 4.8 does not have such issues!

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Localized name of root folder gets truncated

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

I do not have any problems while backing up that folder name to a local drive.
Please try to see if the same problem appears with a local destination drive.
If local works fine, please make sure the network destination is correctly configured.
Can you create that folder name on that network drive?
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

SergeSF

Post by SergeSF »

The folder "Документы" already exists in destination, supposed to make backup into it. However, B4A creates new folder "нты" along with existed "Документы" and uses it for backup.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

If you add a new file in sources in "Документы" folder, will it be backed up in "нты" folder?
If yes, please send us the last backup log and the .bkc catalog file for that job, to support[at]backup4all[dot]com
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html