Is it possible to automatically shutdown the destination machine after the backup?

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
ironmathyu5

Is it possible to automatically shutdown the destination machine after the backup?

Post by ironmathyu5 »

I'd like to save power and reduce disk wear as much as possible, so only want the target machine (an old PC) to be on while the backup is running. I created a scheduled task on that machine to wake it up from sleep a few minutes before the backup, but how can I turn it off (or actually send to Sleep mode) when the backup is finished?
Note that I'm currently using a giveaway version (Backup4all v6) but will consider upgrading to a paid version if I can get it to solve my requirements.

Thanks!

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Is it possible to automatically shutdown the destination machine after the backup?

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

In Backup4all you can run actions (or batch files) before and after the backup.
In this case, you need to create a batch file to be executed after the backup (in Backup Properties->Advanced page).
The command line to hibernate a network computer is: shutdown /m \\computername /h /f