Is it possible to automatically shutdown the destination machine after the backup?

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
Oren

Is it possible to automatically shutdown the destination machine after the backup?

Post by Oren »

I'd like to save power and reduce disk wear as much as possible, so only want the target machine (an old PC) to be on while the backup is running. I created a scheduled task on that machine to wake it up from sleep a few minutes before the backup, but how can I turn it off (or actually send to Sleep mode) when the backup is finished?

Note that I'm currently using a giveaway version (Backup4all v6) but will consider upgrading to a paid version if I can get it to solve my requirements.

Thanks!

Oren

Re: Is it possible to automatically shutdown the destination machine after the backup?

Post by Oren »

Ok, it's possible, but isn't built into Backup4all. You have to use a third party app called psshutdown and tweak the registry of the destination machine to allow remote shutdown. More details here:

https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic ... #p37450565