Ipc warning: GetRegisteredApps failed : Timeout waiting for a reply to imtRegister 0

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
Rebeccah

Ipc warning: GetRegisteredApps failed : Timeout waiting for a reply to imtRegister 0

Post by Rebeccah »

I have Backup4All 5.5.839. It usually runs fine. Recently I got a message about a corrupted catalog file for one of my jobs. Now that job hangs at loading the catalog. I get the following series of error messages:
[3/8/2017 4:00:20 PM] Ipc warning: Register failed : Timeout waiting for a reply to imtRegister 0. Action will run silently
[3/8/2017 4:00:30 PM] Ipc warning: GetRegisteredApps failed : Timeout waiting for a reply to imtRegister 0
[3/8/2017 4:01:50 PM] Error: Invalid command line parameter or no imtStart messager received!
[3/8/2017 4:02:00 PM] Ipc warning: Unregister failed : Timeout waiting for a reply to imtUnregister 0

I am not able to cancel out of the job when it is hanging at the catalog-loading step. I can restart the B4A client. I can restart the service. I have tried deleting the catalog and previous backup files altogether and removing the reference to the catalog file location in the job settings file, but that hasn't helped (the job does a differential backup). The one thing I have not tried yet is rebooting my computer.

How can I resolve this? Other jobs run fine.

Thanks,

Rebeccah

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Ipc warning: GetRegisteredApps failed : Timeout waiting for a reply to imtRegister 0

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Please delete that backup job from Backup4all, then open the .bkc catalog file from the backup destination, to recreate the backup job in Backup4all. Run again the backup and see if you still have the problem.

If you still have the problem, send us the .bkc catalog file for that job, from the backup destination. Send it to support[at]backup4all[dot]com.